Thursday, June 12, 2008

Completing...

Entry of November 22, 2005



I have asked a few people about what makes them complete. Some say its finding that life partner. Mr. or Ms. RIGHT. That's for the single people to say. A love from a person matters so much, and may at times makes someone complete. Married ones would say its having kids that will make them complete. Others would be the serenity of early morning walks, comforting silence of the lake, a beautiful sunset, long Sunday mornings in bed, and the list goes on. But as one friend said, these are just momentary feeling of COMPLETENESS. Something that is imbibed by the NOW. Short term.

I asked my dad the same question and he replied with this: "I don't need anything anymore. I feel complete. I am complete". But these words coming from a 70 yr old man, can be an understatement. For he has done a lot. But do I have to live that long to be able to say I am complete? It could be that I am complete now but just don't have the time to sit down and realize it. But when we wake up in the morning, can we really say that "tonight I will do something that will make me complete"?

I had a very good conversation with Toni last night. Well, apart from kissing my ass and replying "You complete me", he said something that struck me deep: It all depends on your level of satisfaction. What makes you satisfied, makes you feel complete. Sunday afternoons watching TV with your love ones, a bowl of popcorn and a bottle of beer, after cleaning up the whole house, makes one feel complete. That's like the simplest form of it.

Maybe just being alive and enjoying it is a form of completeness. Or maybe.... at the back of our minds, we have an idea of what will complete us but we aren't sure what people would think about it. Either way, being complete is something that only our minds and soul can tell. When we wake up in the morning, we have the option to set our minds whether we'll have a good day or not. If we choose to spend the day happy, then everything falls into its own place, and life won't be complicated at all. We will simply feel, what else, COMPLETE!