Thursday, June 12, 2008

Just like the first time...

January 4th, 2006.



New year, new role. Toni and I went to the center early and walked around after dropping Ria off. We went to the Keskustori, parked there, and walked to the shops. What do you know??? I found 30€ on the ground. Yeah, lucky me. hehe. We bought new table cloths and a Mariah Carey CD. nyahahahaha. I admit, am a fan.

Moving on.... Its my first day of school. So Toni drove me there, and met some of my classmates. So the Irish and the German guy whom I met during the interview arrived. And another guy from Manchester. They were all tall. Joe the Irish, Torsten the German, and Stu from Manchester with a very thick accent. Imagine how I looked right next to them.
Somehow, I felt like as if I'm entering San Juan de Dios all over again. hmmm....

Remember the terror looking lady? She's the founder of the school. And, shes not bad at all! Shes very warm and accomodating. For the first half of the class, she explained how she founded the school and what are her teaching techniques for foreigners like herself (shes from Estonia), who wants to learn the Finnish language.

The second half of the class gave me a mix feeling about the course. It is so very interactive. Another teacher made as repeat over and over, a series of dialogues in a scenario. And that we are to repeat this at home. And... here's the amazing part: we get to take a nap and listen to some relaxing music at the end of every class. Just like kindergarten :) :) :)

I am surely going to like this class.