Thursday, June 12, 2008

Im dreaming of a white CHRISTMAS!!

Entry of November 28th, 2005


Its winter time once again. Tampere is covered in snow. I admit, I am starting to like the winter. Of course in my beloved country, it only exists in the Christmas songs.... (like the title of this blog).

Everything looks beautiful in the winter time. There are pine trees, still green, yet covered with snow. The air smells fresh. The world looks brighter, coz the sunshine reflects on the snow. Snow ball fights and sledding are really fun. I haven't tried ice skating though, but I would like to try it in a real frozen lake. Skiing is still a dream for me. Oh and the sauna... in 70 degs. Then a quick dip in a hole on a frozen lake! (which I have yet to try). But just coming out of the sauna and standing outside in a robe (sometimes butt naked) with a bottle of cold cider, and a cigarette, is all soo refreshing.

I guess I could say, that the only thing I hate about winter, is the many layers of clothes that you have to wear before you can go out. And since I have Maria, thats double the time consumed!

But you know whats so amazing? That Finland can actually get colder than Sweden although they are on the same hemisphere. Because of the mountains on the borders of Norway and Sweden, the cold air blowing from the west goes on top of Sweden and bounces back down to Finland.

Well, I won't be dreaming of white Christmas this time, coz its all happening now. Will post pictures soon.